CanadaHelps is a well established and rapidly scaling social technology organization that builds critical technology for the charitable sector in Canada. Our staff has grown from 12 to 85 in just 7 years and will continue to grow each year.
The Director, People and Culture will report into our Chief Operating Officer and directly supervise the HR Generalist. The successful candidate will work with all parts of the business to deliver on the People Operations functions of the business. This is a new role to CanadaHelps, created to help us take our HR practices to the next level during a period of rapid growth, partial remote work, and the reallocation of internal resources.
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced human resources leader with proven leadership experience and understanding of the broad range of HR functions. You are conversant in contemporary HR practices and trends and have led the introduction of new policies, systems and processes to support recruitment, engagement, development and performance of talent in an entrepreneurial, high performance environment.
Key focuses of this role will include:
- Ensuring HR strategy and service is aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Developing and implementing initiatives that support and engage employees and managers in a fully or partially-remote work environment, enabling strong communication, performance standards, and fostering a values-based culture.
- Implementing and supporting an intelligent performance management framework focused on high performance, employee development, and goal alignment.
- Planning for staff growth and implementing effective recruitment strategies that help us build a pipeline of strong candidates from diverse backgrounds who will be invested in our mission and uphold our organizational values.
Other responsibilities will include
- Leading and overseeing human resource planning and strategy development
- Policy development and implementation
- Working with team to oversee salary, benefit and pension administration, payroll services, compliance reporting, and occupational health and safety
- Championing and supporting the improvement of learning and development
- Oversee and improve the on-boarding experience for new staff
- Develop and support initiatives that encourage a positive people experience and foster diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Establish and measure key engagement and metrics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in HR or related field; CHRL designation would be an asset.
- 5+ years experience in an HR Manager role, and 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an online, technology, or eCommerce company.
- Proven track record of creating excellent candidate and employee experiences in high performance environments
- Demonstrated experience implementing staff development plans, coaching individuals, facilitating difficult conversations, and developing teams.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to explain complex information to all levels of the organization.
- Strong change management skills.
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humour
- Adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities, direction, and strategy
- Ability to embrace the larger, broader picture, and use good judgment while also focusing on details and critical thinking
- Demonstrated business acumen and leadership ability
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Experience recruiting for or managing recruiters that handle technical positions
Here’s what we have to offer:
- A permanent position with a competitive salary, benefits, and RRSP matching.
- A chance to make a difference and a unique opportunity to add major value as a key member of a growing team in a forward-thinking, technology-focused environment.
- A “get things done”, open, collaborative and flexible environment.
- Great co-workers, and a lifestyle-friendly atmosphere.
CanadaHelps is a charitable foundation working to increase giving in Canada through technology. CanadaHelps.org, provides a safe and trusted one stop destination for making donations, fundraising, or learning about any charity in Canada. The organization also develops affordable fundraising technology and provides free training and education for charities so that, regardless of size, all charities have the capacity to increase their impact and succeed in the digital age. More than 2.7 million Canadians have donated over $1.5 billion to charities using CanadaHelps since its founding in 2000. For additional information, visit CanadaHelps.org or connect with CanadaHelps on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
CanadaHelps is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com so that appropriate accommodations can be made.