British Columbia Charity Engagement Specialist
CanadaHelps is looking for an energetic, versatile, quick-learning professional in the Vancouver area with a passion for social change and experience in sales to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s first, and North America’s most successful, social enterprises. We have a small, dedicated team of entrepreneurial-minded peers who have a passion for helping small and medium sized charities succeed, while engaging with donors to increase giving in Canada.
We believe technology and data are transformational game-changers for generating social profit. We democratize access to technology by providing affordable, online fundraising and training tools to more than 18,000 registered charities across Canada and collect donations for 70,000 others. We’re in an exciting period of product and data strategy development, combining the opportunities for both social impact and career growth in an entrepreneurial but well-established organization.
The focus of this role is:
- New partner development: creating relationships with prospective charity clients that can use CanadaHelps’ products for their online and offline fundraising.
- Ongoing partner engagement: working with our partners to help them use the new online fundraising tools we’ve built that will help them grow their donations and support charity operations.
- Western Canada presence: engaging our thousands of charity partners in British Columbia by staying in touch, being present at sector events, identifying and anticipating needs. CanadaHelps is an important part of the charity sector; we need an ear to listen and a voice to be part of the sector in Western Canada.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Excited by working in a hybrid technology-charity workplace that focuses on both doing good and meeting ambitious targets;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, humble and do what you say – and value being around others like this;
- Persuasive and can influence others while maintaining the highest level of respect and integrity;
- Client-service oriented and have a desire to exceed expectations;
- Organized, attentive to detail, and results-oriented;
- A self-starter who doesn’t need a lot of hand-holding or supervision, while also being able to work as part of a team remotely;
- Comfortable with digital workplace tools (GSuite, Slack, Salesforce CRM) and a curiosity for emerging technology;
- Able to manage competing demands for attention and several relationships at different stages along the sales funnel; and
- Comfortable with travel and a remote, but highly-connected working environment.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Prospect new opportunities, including helping to identify, evaluate, qualify and segment best opportunities and leads.
- Meet or exceed annual new client and upsell targets.
- Develop strong relationships with charity partners by maintaining regular contact and communication; gathering feedback and input from charity partners and the sector; and by anticipating client needs.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of CanadaHelps’ products to reach new charity partners and to engage current charity partners with existing or new tools.
- Participate in charity sector events and promote our services through appropriate association and community channels.
- Conduct daily calls and regular meetings to clearly demonstrate the competitive advantage and value of CanadaHelps’ charity products, and drive onboarding conversion.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the charitable sector and the competitive market, and provide insights to the team and CanadaHelps’ Management on client needs and interests.
- Collaborate on the development of sales material, charity sales strategy, and marketing strategies and tactics for Lead Gen.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all activity in the team Salesforce CRM.
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably selling to small to medium-sized businesses; OR have worked in a charity in a fundraising leadership role.
- Passion for charities and social innovation, and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal (phone and in-person) and written communication and presentation skills;
- Experience building and nurturing relationships with potential clients from prospects through to sale.
- Volunteer experience in charitable sector (e.g. campaign committee or boards) an asset.
- Driver’s license and comfort with regional and national travel.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- An escape from the corporate or large charity world, with an opportunity to work in a flexible environment where you can see the difference your efforts make to worthy causes right in your home Province.
- Unique opportunity to add major value as a key member of a growing team in a forward-thinking, technology-focused environment, with dynamic opportunities and interesting challenges.
- Work with and learn from highly-respected professionals from both charitable and for-profit sectors.
- Work in a no BS, “get things done”, open, collaborative and flexible team culture.
- A full time, permanent position (working from home and travel) with a competitive salary, bonus potential and good benefits.
CanadaHelps is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from all persons including those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact Lizz Bryce so that appropriate accommodations can be made.